Ali Akbar Moosavi-Movahedi
PhD in Biophysical Chemistry, 1986
University of Manchester, England
Tel: +98 21 66403957 Fax: +98 21 66404680
Ali A. Moosavi-Movahedi is currently Professor of Biophysical Chemistry in IBB, University of Tehran. Born in Shiraz, Iran, in 1953, graduated from National University of Iran (NUI) with a BSc in Chemistry, 1975, from Eastern Michigan University (EMU), USA, with a MSc in Chemistry (Bioanalytical Chemistry), 1979 and from University of Manchester, UK, with a PhD in Biophysical Chemistry, 1986. His research career has been mostly marked on thermodynamics of protein folding/unfolding. In recognition of his outstanding research in the field of science, he was awarded International Khawrazmi Prize, 1990, National Distinguished Professor, 1997, the first class medal for research, University of Tehran, 2003, National Eminent Character 2003, first rank medal for basic science research in Razi Medical Science National Festival 2005, Elsevier-Scopus International Award for Top Researcher in the Field of Biochemistry, Genetics & Molecular Biology 2007, Avicenna Festival First Rank Award for Top Researcher-2008 , Member of Iran Academy of Sciences, 2009 and first rank award and national eminent researcher 2009 is conferred in National Research Festival by Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran, selected as Eminent Professor of University of Tehran 2010, prominent Professor appointed by Iran National Elites Foundation 2012 and Essential Science Indicators (ESI) 1% citation scientist in the field of Biology and Biochemistry, TWAS (The World Academy of Sciences) Fellow 2015, IAS (The Islamic Academy of Sciences) Fellow 2016 . He has supervised PhD and MSc students and guides postdoctoral researchers in the cited area. He is the author of 17 books and numerous research full papers published in mostly international research journals mainly in the area of structural elucidation of protein, enzyme and DNA. He is a member of Biophysical Society (USA), Protein Society (USA), Iranian Chemical Society, Iranian Biochemical Society, and is currently the president of Iran Society of Biophysical Chemistry. He is already the president of National Member Committee of International Council for Science (ICSU) at University of Tehran.
Professor Ali A. Moosavi-Movahedi's scientific career has been mostly marked on thermodynamics of protein denaturation especially by surfactants, protein folding/unfolding, protein glycation, artificial enzyme and bioactive peptides. Denaturation study provides extra information on local and site-specific properties of biological macromolecule systems that lie at the heart of many biochemical regulation phenomena and are the basic key to biological control. Protein denaturation is a key technique to obtain the stability of protein in solution and understanding the protein function-structure relationship. The denaturation by surfactants provide the specific virtue of directly binding between biological macromolecules (e.g. protein, DNA) and surfactant complexes. The availability of binding data induced the chance to open up the way to extensive area of macromolecular ligand binding theories that provide a deep understanding of macromolecular interactions and cooperativity. He has also theorized and coins the terminology of "hydrophobic salts" in the literature for surfactants at low concentrations upon interaction with proteins. He is also extensively involved on biophysics of molecular diabetes on the area of protein glycation and studies the amyloid and fibril products in cellular and molecular actions. Recently he has been elected to the chair of Interdisciplinary Research in Diabetes by UNESCO (UNESCO Chair on Interdisciplinary Research in Diabetes at University of Tehran) whereby he will lead a research study in molecular diabetes and define the theme "oxidative stress stimulates diabetes".
He has extended his research works on kinetic aspects of enzyme to study the enzyme function structure relationship as follows:
- Defining novel kinetic equations for the suicide inactivation and bisubstrate inactivation for enzymes
- Defining novel kinetic and thermodynamic theory to find the subsites of enzymes by calorimetry and binding pattern
- To design the artificial enzymes based on biomimetics systems
He has also extended his research on the digestibility, chaperon activity (anti-aggregation) and anti-oxidant activity of proteins and peptides derived from camel milk proteins for the production of the novel ingredients for producing functional foods as nutraceuticals.
To do the aforementioned research works, he is working with the various physical techniques and methods such as: Isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC), Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), uv-vis and fluorescence spectrophotometries, circular dichorism, densimetry, viscometry, tensiometry, temperature scanning spectrophotometer, cyclic voltametry, atomic force microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, dynamic light scattering, electrophoresis systems and computer facilities. He has also access to equilibrium dialysis technique and macromolecular interactions theories as well as chemical and biochemical procedures if required.
Professor Ali A. Moosavi-Movahedi has been one of the pioneering scientists in establishing the first PhD programs in Biochemistry and Biophysics in Iran. He headed to initiate and found Iran National Science Foundation (INSF); Iran National Elites Foundation (INEF); Foundation for Advancement of Science and Technology in Iran (FAST-IR). He has thus far graduated numerous PhD, MSc studentss; he has also supervised postdoctoral researchers from international and domestic student's body. He has estabilished highly equipped laboratory for collaborations and working with different international research groups (see www.ibb.ut.ac.ir/BCL). Due to Professor Moosavi-Movahedi highly prized research activies and his team; Ministry of of Science, Research and Technology of Iran have conferred Center of Excellence in Biothermodynamics under his supervision (see http://cebiotherm.ut.ac.ir). He is also active in the area of popularization of science and he is currently the Editor-in-Chief, Journal of the named "Science Cultivation" [Science Cultivation is publishing with the following objectives: Policy research in science and technology, Promotion of science, assisting managers and policy makers in scientific centers, steering the direction of research for scientific elites and innovators in science and technology. This Journal attempts to create necessary context for the cultivation and fertilization of new area of sciences through monitoring, culture building and scientific capacity building] see (www.sciencecultivation.ir).
He is already the president of National Member Committee of International Council for Science (ICSU) affiliated at University of Tehran as a national member body. He is one of the main scientists for supprting internationalization of science in Iran and the region.
He has established a few international societies such as Iran Society of Biophysical Chemistry (www.isobc.com), Federation of Iran Biosocieties, Iran Peptide Society (www. peptides.ut.ac.ir). He has constituted awards such as ISOBC award for senior distinguished scientists for the past ten years and Moosavi-Movahedi Award for young distinguished scientists that confers the awards in ISOBC congress annually. He also supports to organize National, Regional and International conferences in the field of Biophysical Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences.
- Personal Records
- Research Interests and Project
- Scientific Activity
- Awards and achievements
Name: Ali Akbar Moosavi- Movahedi
Date of Birth:13th February 1953
Place of Birth: Shiraz, Iran
Marital Status: Married, 3 children
Appointment: Professor and Dean
Office Address: Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics,
University of Tehran P.O.Box 13145-1384 Tehran,Iran
Telephone:+9821 - 61113370, 66403957, 61113381(lab)
Fax: 0098 21 66404680
Web Site: ibb.ut.ac.ir/~moosavi
Assistant Professor 1986-1992
Associate Professor 1992-1995
Professor Since 1996
From:National University of Iran (Shahid Behshti University)
From: Eastern Michigan University, U.S.A.
Major: Chemistry, (1979)
Thesis:Adsorption of Hg (II) by a cheating resin, application for radiochemical separation of mercury from biological samples.
From:University of Manchester, England
Major: Biophysical chemistry (1986)
Thesis:"Thermodynamic studies of the interaction between detergents and catalases".
- Full international papers
- Full national papers
- Published Abstracts
- Constitute of National standardization
55) L. Mahrokh, Kh. Karimian, A. A. Moosavi Movahedi "Personalized Medicine: Toward Disease Prediction, Prevention and New Treatment Protocols" Science Cultivation Vol 6(1), 46-60 ( 2016)
56) M. Behnam-Rad, F. Taghavi , F. Moosavi-Movahedi and A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi "Climate changes, global warming and diabetes" Science Cultivation Vol 6(1), 61-67
57) H. Keshmiri-Neghab, B. Goliaei, A.A. Saboury, A. A. Moosavi-Movahedi "Overview on differential scanning calorimetry applications for early stage of cancers"
Tehran University Medical Journal 74(5), 371-375 (2016)
58) M. Pirhaghghi, M. Farhadi and A.A. Moosavi-Movahedi "Lifestyle and Sleep Medicine" Science Cultivation Vol 6(2), 103-113 ( 2016)
59) P. Maghami, M. Habibi-Rezaei and A.A. Moosavi- Movahedi "Vitamin B17 is Effective as a Treatment for Cancer?: Right or Wrong" Vol 6(2), 114-119 ( 2016)
60) F. Dashtestani, Jawad A. Salehi and A.A. Moosavi-Movahedi "Nobel Prizes Roles in the Development of Smart Mobile Phone Technology" Vol 6(2), 133-139 ( 2016)
103) A.A. Moosavi-Movahedi "Oxidative stress stimulates protein glycation". The National Conference on Protein and Peptide Sciences, Molecular Biology Research Communications 2014; 3 (Suppl. 1): 53, Shiraz, Iran, 10-11 Dec 2014. Keynote Speaker
104) F.Taghavi, M. Habibi-Rezaei, M. Bohlooli, A.A. Saboury and A.A. Moosavi-Movahedi " The comprative studies of potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate upon treated with human serum albumin concerning Maillard reaction and amyloid formation" 3rd World Congress on Maillard Reaction to be held at Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Budapest, Hungary on May 26-27, 2016.
Published in Journal of International Society of Antioxidants in Nutrition & Health (ISANH) Volume 3 (issue 2): Special Issue for Maillard Reaction & Glycation (2016)
105) F. Mofidi-Najjar, A.A. Moosavi-Movahedi "Remediation effect of curcumin as a natural antioxidant on damaged glyacted catalase" 12th EBSA, 10th ICBP-IUPAP Biophysics Congress, Madrid, Spain, 24-26 July 2019. Published in European Biophysics Journal and Biophysics Letter 48, S146 (2019)
106) M. Rahban, A.A. Moosavi-Movahedi "Curcumin Versatility on Protein and Life Sciences" 16th Conference of Iran Society of Biophysical Chemistry(International level), Feb 4-5, 2021, Zanjan, Iran [ Key Speaker]
BOOKS (In Persian)
1) Biophysical Chemistry vol. 1, University of Tehran Press, 1992
By B.Goliaei and A.A. Moosavi–Movahedi. (Fourth Edition 2015)
2) Physical Chemistry of Biological Macromolecules (Serial Books)
vol. 1,University of Tehran Press, 1995, By A.A. Moosavi–Movahedi.
3) Enzyme Kinetic, University of Tehran Press, 1996
By A.A. Saboury and A.A. Moosavi–Movahedi.
4) Chemical Thermodynamics, University of Tehran Press (1998).
By A.A. Saboury and A.A. Moosavi–Movahedi. (Third Edition 2018)
5) Biochemistry of Kombocha, Amir-Kabir Press (1999)
By R. Yusefi, M. Habibi and A.A. Moosavi–Movahedi.
6) Methods in Biochemistry & Biophysics
University of Tehran Press (2002) (6th Edition 2018)
By A.A. Moosavi–Movahedi, A.A. Saboury and J. Chamani
This book selected in 80th anniversary of University of Tehran as one of 80 treasure books by University of Tehran Press dated July 12, 2015
7) Biological Buffers
By A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi, R.Yusefi, J. Chamani, S. Etemadi
8) Protein Structure
University of Tehran Press (2004) (Third Edition 2018)
By A.A. Moosavi–Movahedi, J. Chamani, H. Taghavi and S.H. Moghadamnia
9) Handbook : A Practical Guide to International Journal
University of Tehran Press (2008)
By efforts: A.A.Saboury, A.A. Moosavi-Movahedi and M. Amini
University of Tehran Press (2009)
By J.Chamani and A.A. Moosavi-Movahedi
11) Iran and Global Foundations for Cultivation of Elites
Amir-Kabir Press (2009)
Edited by : A. A. Moosavi-Movahedi and A. Kiani-Bakhtiari
12) Conceptual Biochemistry
University of Tehran Press (2009)
By: R. Yousefi, S. Hashemnia and A.A. Moosavi-Movahedi
13) Modulation of Human Damages from Cigarette Smoke
Amir-Kabir Press (2009)
Edited by : A.A. Moosavi-Movahedi, S.Z. Moosavinejad and R. Yousefi
University of Tehran Press (2013) (Second Edition 2018)
By: F. Khodagholi, N. Sattarahmady and A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi
15) Chemistry of Milk Proteins and its Application
University of Tehran Press (2014) (Second Edition 2018)
By: A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi, M. Salami, M. Moslehishad, M. Dehghan Shahsaltaneh
16) Application of Fluorescence Spectroscopy in Biological Sciences
University of Tehran Press (2016)
By: J. Chamani and A. A. Moosavi-Movahedi
17) Chemistry of Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals
University of Tehran Press (2019)
By: A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi, M. Moslehishad, M. Salami
18) Ginger: Natural Pharmacy
University of Tehran Press (2020)
By: F.Taghavi, N. Poursasan, A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi
19) Curcumin: Supernatural Ingredient
University of Tehran Press (2021)
By: M. Mazaheri, M. Rahban, A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi
20) Book:Rationality and Scientific Lifestyle for Health [Edited by A. A. Moosavi-Movahedi] contracted for publishing with Springer 2021
- Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of British
Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (June-Sep 2000)
- Department of Chemistry, Biophysical Chemistry division, University of Muenster, Germany (August – Sep 2003)
MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
1. Biophysical Society U.S.A (Since 1987)
2. Protein Society U.S.A (Since 1990)
3. Iranian Chemical Society (Since, 1987)
4. Iranian Biochemical Society (Since, 1992).
5.Iran Society of Biophysical Chemistry (President of the society).
6. Associate Member of the International Center for Theoretical Physics
(ICTP), Italy (1994-2002)
EXPERIENCES & ACTIVITIES
-Research, Teaching, Development and Administration 1979 till date.
- Vice-Chancellor for Research, University of Tehran, 1992-1996 and 2005-April 2008
- Rector of IBB, 1996-2001, 2003- 2005, 2016-until now
-Teaching courses: Biophysical Chemistry (M.Sc),Physical Chemistry of Protein (Ph.D), Advance Biophysical Chemistry (Ph.D), Biothermodynamics (Ph.D)
-Editorial Board of Iranian J.of Chemistry and Chemical Eng. (The International Iranian J.of Chem & Chem. Eng. which is chemical abstracted and science citation indexed).
- Editor-in-Chief, Quarterly Journal of Rahyaft (2001-2010).
-Editor-in-Chief, Science Cultivation , The Journal of Enculturation and Policy Making of Science, Innovation and Technology. www.sciencecultivation.ir
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Iranian Chemical Society (JICS), Springer.
- Editorial Board Member of Pertanika Journal of Science and Technology(JST), The UPM Press, University Putra Malaysia, Malsysia
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, Elsevier
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Medical Hypotheses and, Elsevier
- Editorial Board Member of Avicenna Journal of Medical Biotechnology.
- Editorial Board Member of Biomacromolecular Journal (BMMJ). www.bmmj.org
-Regional committee member for Asia and the Pacific, ICSU(International Council for science) from 2005-2011.See www.icsu-asia-pacific.org. He is already the president of national member committee of ICSU at University of Tehran.
-Member of Iran Academy of Sciences
-Fellow of The World Academy of Science (TWAS)
-Fellow of Islamic World Academy of Sciences
-Chair of Center of Excellence in Biothermodynamics in Iran
-Chairholder of UNESCO Chair on Interdisciplinary Research in Diabetes at University of Tehran, Iran
1) Protein – Ligand interaction, presented in workshop section, 7th "International Symposium Protein Structure Function Relationship", Karachi, Pakistan, January 25-29 (2003).
2) Educational Workshop on Biological Microcalorimetry, University of Tehran, IBB,March 8-12 (2003).
3) Educational Workshop on Research Method and Methodology, University of Tehran, IBB, October 22-23 (2003).
4) 2nd Educational Workshop on Research Method and Methodology, University of Tehran, IBB, Dec 21-22(2003).
5) 3rd Educational Workshop on Research Method and Methodology, University of Tehran, IBB, Feb, 25-26 (2004).
6) 4th Educational Workshop on Research Method and Methodology, University of Tehran, IBB, April,29-30 (2009).
7) 5th Educational Workshop on Research Method and Methodology, University of Tehran, IBB, Dec,9-10 (2009).
Supervised MSc Students
1) M. T. Goodarzi (1989)
Physico-chemical studies on the interaction of the histone H1 and sodium n-dodecyl sulphate.
2) M. R. Housandokht (1990)
Thermodynamic study on the interaction of histone H2B and sodium n-dodecyl sulphate.
3) M. R. Razeghifard (1991)
Structural analysis of histones by sodium n-dodecyl sulphate.
4) S. Ghobadi (1991)
Physico-chemical studies on the interaction of catalase and sodium n-dodecyl sulphate.
5) B. Ranjbar (1991)
Activation analysis of catalase by sodium n-dodecyl sulphate.
6) M. Farajollahi (1991)
Physico-chemical studies on the interaction of histone H2B and dodecyl trimethylammonium bromide.
7) K. Nazari (1991)
Physico-chemical studies on the interaction of histone H1 and dodecyl trimethylammonium bromide.
8) N. Farzi (1992) [accompanying with Dr A.A. Zaini]
Thermodynamic study on the interaction of histone H2A and dodecyl trimethylammonium bromide.
9) M. Zahmatkesh (1992)
Thermodynamic study on the interaction of histone H3 and dodecyl trimethylammonium bromide.
10) B. Samiei (1992)
Thermodynamic study on the interaction of adenosine deaminase and dodecyl trimethylammonium bromide.
11) Y. Rahmani (1993)
Kinetic and thermadynamic studies of adenosine deaminnase via interaction with cyclic and acyclic nucleosides.
12) H. Khajepur (1993) [accompanying with Dr H.Naghibi]
The comparative study on hemoglobin and globin in the presence of dodecyl trimethylammonium bromide.
13) M. Rezaei- Tavirani (1994)
Physico-chemical study on pigeon hemoglobin in the presence of anionic and cationic detergents.
14) A. A. Taleshi. (1994)
Structural analysis of bovine serum albumin in the presence of surfactant and calcium ions.
15) F. Tasht - Zarin (1994)
Thermodynamic study on the interaction of native and denatured states of histone H1 with DNA.
16) H. Rowshan (1995)
Physico-chemical study on the interaction of beta-lactoglobulin (A, B) and sodium n-dodecyl sulphate.
17) M. Mehrabi (1995) [accompanying with Dr H.Naghibi]
The thermodynamic comparative study on bovine and human hemoglobins in the presence of dodecyl trimethylammonium bromide.
18) S. Mansouri (1995) [accompanying with Dr K.Zare]
Kinetic and thermodynamic studies on interaction of surface active agents with glucose oxidase.
19) M. Panjehpour (1997)
Kinetic and molecular modeling of the effect of nucleosides on adenosine deaminase.
20) G. R. Habibi (1997)
Thermodynamic study on the interaction of lead ions and human serum albumin.
21) K. Eisi (1997)
Physico-chemical studies on the interaction of lysozyme and sodium n-dodecyl sulphate.
22) G. Masoodi (1997)
Enthalpy changes of allosteric transition in human hemoglobin A.
23) N. Zohari (1997)
Thermodynamic study of osmolytes (glycine, alanine) on the stability of urease.
24) J. Chamani (1997)
Structural analysis of alpha-lactalbumin (apo, holo) via interaction of alkyl trimethylammonium bromide.
25) A. Arabzadeh (accompanying with Prof. Farsam) (2002)
Studies on mechanism of 8- methoxypsoralen-DNA interaction in the dark.
26) F.Zoonuzi (2003)
Kinetic study on adenosine deaminase upon interaction with new compounds
27) P. Pirzadeh (2005)
Interaction of lysozyme with sodium dodecyl sulfate in the absence and presence of beta-cyclodextrin: Intermediate study
28) A. Babaahmadi (2006)
Thermodynamic stability and functional study of normal and beta-thalassemia human hemoglobins upon interaction with deferiprone
29) F. Bostanian (2006)
Kinetic study of D-amino acid oxidase upon interaction with Nickel salts [NiCl2,Ni(NO3)2, NiSO4]
30) F. Semsarha (2006)
Design of histidinate hematin in SDS micelle as an artificial enzyme
31) M. Mojtahedi (2007)
Comparative structural thermodynamic studies on hemoglobin( A, S) upon interaction with dodecyl trimethylammonium bromide
32) H. Sepassi-Tehrani (2007)
Kinetic and conformational studies of adenosine deaminase upon interaction with diazepam derivatives (oxazepam, lorazepam).
33) E. Sharifi (2008)
Effect of trehalose and cyclodextrin on structural change of nanofibril formation during glycation of human serum albumin
34) Y. Sefidbakht (2008)
Artificial Nanozyme Design Based on HRP as a Model in Aqueous Media
35) F. Farivar (2008)
Kinetic study of histidine-heme in reverse nanomicelles of sodium dodecyl sulfate in organic media
36) M. Esmaili(2010) [Joint supervision with Dr S.M. Ghafari]
The Study of Nanomicelle-Beta Casein and its Peptides from Camel Milk
upon Interaction with Curcumin;Antioxidant Activity
37) M. Ghasemi Aliabad (2010)
The structural and glycation studies on HSA upon incubation of morphine and codeine
38) P. Bazzi (2010)
The study of curcumin effects on human serum albumin glycation & drug delivery of curcumin to colon using the alginate/pectin encapsulating beads
39) L. Alaie (2011)
Study of thermal inactivation and conformational lock in carbonic anhydrase
40) M. Goodarzi (2011) [Joint supervision with Dr A.A.Saboury]
Heme degradation during hemoglobin fructation: Emphasizing on reactive oxygen Species (ROS)
41) E. Kachoie (2011)
Study of surface tension changes during conversion of insulin to the amyloid fibrils, and its correlation with toxicity of fibrils
42) Z. Sattari (2012) [Joint supervision with Dr M.A. Hosseinpour Faizi]
The study of conformational lock of glucose oxidase via thermal inactivation
43) M. Naderi (2012) [Joint supervision with Dr S. Hosseinkhani]
Thermodynamic stability and structural studies on luciferase in native and disulfide-bridge mutant forms
44) H. Ahmadzadeh (2012)
Surfactant–heme–sulfonyl imidazole system as a nano artificial enzyme
45) N. Salehi (2013)
Studies on the interaction and heme degradation of human hemoglobin with sodium dodecyl sulfate and industrial additive
46) S. Movaghati(2013)
Effect of surfactants on nano-amyloid fibrillation of human serum albumin
47) M. Rahimi (2014) [Joint supervision with Dr S.M.Ghaffari]
Investigation of antioxidant and ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitory effects of produced peptides from enzymatic hydrolysis of camel milk caseins
48) M.R. Dashti (2015)
Study of fibrillation and reactive oxygen species on structure and function of hemoglobin upon interaction with ribose, fructose and potassium sorbate
49) E.Vahdat (2016)
The effect of potassium sorbate on bovine serum albumin fibrillation and reduction by antioxidants
50) M. Babaei (2017) [Joint supervision with Dr S.N.Seyed-Reihani]
The biophysical studies on diabetic red blood cell by optical tweezers
51) R. Sattari (2017)
Physicochemical studies of purified myoglobin from different slaughtering upon interaction with lead salt
52) E. Hosseini(2017)
The denaturation study of myoglobin by sufactants from different slaughtering methods
53) N.Pishkari (2018)
The Study of Glycation of Hemoglobin with Fructose in the presence and absence of Methylparaben
54) M. Hajizadeh (2019)
Heat,pH,tannic Acid effects on beta-casein hydrophobicity and foaming
Supervised Ph.D Students
1) M. R. Housaindokht (1993) [Joint supervision with Dr J.Moghaddasi]
Thermodynamics and molecular binding studies of glucose oxidase by surfactants and urea.
2) G.A.Naderi (1994) [Joint supervision with Dr B. Farzami]
Purification and physico-chemical characterization of calmodulin for normal and abnormal conditions.
3) H.Moghadamnia (1995)
Kinetic study and thermal analysis of interaction of adenosine deaminase with nucleosides and denaturants.
4) B. Shareghi (1996)
Kinetic and thermodynamic studies on D-amino oxidase in the presence of temperature and chemical denaturants.
5) A.K.Bordbar (1996)
Physico-chemical studies on the structure of hemoglobin by ionic surfactants and sulphydryl reagents.
6) A.A. Saboury (1996)
Thermodynamic studies of the interaction of urease with surfactants and
inhibitors accompanying novel theories for ligand binding to macromolecule and protein denaturation.
7) K. Nazari (1996)
Thermodynamic and kinetic studies on the effect of surfactants on horseradish peroxidase.
8) M. Ghadermarzi (1997)
Sudies on suicide inactivation of catalase: the effects of physico-chemical factors.
9) S.Z. Bathaie (2000)
The mechanistic study on DNA structure and DNA-H1 complex under the effect of different ligands.
10) S. Ghobadi (2000)
Kinetic and thermodynamic studies on the interaction of glutamate dehydrogenase with nickle ions and surfactants.
11) Mr. G. Ataei (2000)
Kinetic and thermodynamic studies of active site residues of adenosine deaminase via chemical modification.
12) S. Safarian (2001)
Kinetic and thermodynamic structural analysis of RNase A in the presence of
RNA accompanying with histidine modification.
13) A. Mahmoudi (2001)
Thermodynamic and kinetic studies on horseradish peroxidase upon interaction with transition metals ions [Mn (II), Co(II), Ni(II), Cu(II) ]
14) A. Mohammadi-Nejad (2002)
Thermodynamic analysis of human serum albumin interactions with glucose: specific insights into the diabetic range of glucose concentration.
15) D. Ajloo (2002)
Physico-chemical study on the structure and function of hemoglobins(avian, mammals) in the presence and absence of surfactant and solvents.
16) M. Sadeghi (2002) [Joint supervision with Dr H. Naderimanesh]
Calculation and prediction of protein accessible surface area and study of factors enhancing protein thermostability.
17) S. Z. Moosavi-Nejad (2002)
Structural study on the lentil seedling amine oxidase: thermal and chemical denaturation
18) M. Rezaei-Tavirani (2002)
Thermodynamic structural study of human serum transferrin (apo, holo) in the presence and the absence of sodium n-dodecyl sulfate.
19) M. R. Dayer (2002)
The structural and functional studies on the human hemoglobins (A, F)
upon interaction with sodium n-dodecyl sulfate.
20) J. Chamani (2004)
Structural studies on induced molten globule state of cytochrome c by n-alkyl sulfates.
21) M. Gharanfoli (2004)
The structural and functional studies on RNase A upon effects of ions propreties and ionic strenghts.
22) Hong Jun (2006) [Joint supervision with Dr H. Ghourchian]
The kinetic, conformational and electrochemical studies on superoxide dismutase
23) S. Hashemnia (2007) [Joint supervision with Dr H. Ghourchian]
Kinetic and structural studies of native and chemically modified bovine liver catalase: using N-ethyl-5-phenylisoxazolium-3-sulfonate (Woodward's reagent K)
24) M. Amani (2007)
Thermodynamic and Kinetic Studies on Cu/TPQ Amine Oxidases
25) N. Sattarahmady (2007)
Study on the structural changes of glycated Human Serum Albumin in the presence and absence of alginate
26) A. Mollaei (2007) [Joint supervision with Dr H. Ghourchian]
Electrochemical and Spectrophotometric Studies of Metalloprotoporphyrin Substitution in Horseradish Peroxidase and Comparison of Peroxidatic Activity of HRP in the Peresence of Different Hydrogen Donors
27) K. Mahnam (2008)
Thermodynamics and kinetics studies and computer calculation of adenosine deaminase : Modification by Woodward reagent K and determination of the effective factors in protein modification
28) A. Barzegar (2008) [Joint supervision with Dr M.R.Ganjali]
Study of the Physicochemical, Electrochemical Properties and Nanostructural Peptide of Alcohol Dehydrogenase (ADH)
29) P. Daneshgar (2009) [Joint supervision with Dr P. Norouzi]
Determination of some drugs on the surface of nano and micro electrodes by modern electrochemical methods and consideration of their interaction with normal and glycated human serum albumin
30) M. Salami (2009) [Joint supervision with Dr M.R. Ehsani]
Bioactive peptide production and fractionation from hydrolysis of camel milk proteins
31) S.J. Mousavy (2009) [Joint supervision with Dr G.H. Riazi]
Effects of mobile phone radiofrequency on the structure and function of the normal and beta thalassemia human hemoglobin and in the presence of deferasirox
32) J. Badraghi (2009) [Joint supervision with Dr A.A. Saboury]
Comparative structural and chaperone studies on phosphorylated and dephosphorylated αS1-casein from camel and bovine milks
33) A. Jamalian (2011) [Joint supervision with Dr A. Shafiei]
Rational Design, Synthesis, DNA Binding Evaluation,Cytotoxicity, Molecular Modeling, and QSAR Studies of Novel Imidazolyl 1,8-Acridinediones
34) Sh. Arieenejad (2012) [Joint supervision with Dr Jamili]
Structural and Functional Properties of the Hemoglobin Components from the Caspian Sea Acipenser persicus and Acipenser stellatus
35) H. Hadi Alijanvand(2012)
The study of Prolyl Hydroxylase Domain 2 protein's catalytic domain folding and its nano-intermediates and the study of some important cancer cells metabolites and trace metal on such processes
36) A. Fallah-Bagheri (2013) [Joint supervision with Dr A.A. Saboury]
Denaturation and Reversibility of Human Carbonic Anhydrase II upon effect of nanoligands
37) M. Moslehi-Shad(2013) [Joint supervision with Dr M.R. Ehsani]
Fractionation and Identification of Bioactive Peptides from Lactic Acid Bacterial Proteolysis of Fermented Bovine and Camel Milk
38) F. Ghamari (2013) [Joint supervision with Dr S.M. Ghaffari]
Antidiabetic and antioxidant study of phenolic components of Aloe vera on glycated human serum albumin in the presence of proteins and nano-peptides in camel milk
39) H. Sepassi-Tehrani (2013) [Joint supervision with Dr H. Ghourchian]
Comparative spectroscopic and electrochemical study of catalase in the absence and the presence of chemical stabilizer and osmolytes
40) H. Zare (2013)
Structural and functional studies of ficin extracted from fig ( Ficus carica cv. Sabz) latex
41) F. Farivar (2013)
Structural and functional study on camel albumin and its derived bioactive nano-peptides
42) M.Bohlooli (2013)
Thermodynamic study of 3-β- Hydroxybutyrate (ketone body) and glucose effects on human serum albumin
43) F.Taghavi (2013)
The effect of food preservatives on human serum albumin glycation and nanofibrils formation, Modulate mechanism by antioxidants
44) Y.Sefidbakht (2013) [Joint supervision with Dr S. Hosseinkhani]
The Effects of 940 MHz Electromagnetic field (EMF) on the structure and function of firefly luciferase, including cellular studies
45) R. Hosseinzadeh (2014)
Studies on the effect of BTEXs compounds on the structure and function of human hemoglobin by developing of gas chromatographic and electrochemical methods using mixed metal oxide nanoparticles
46) A. Banaie (2015) [Joint supervision with Dr H. Ghourchian]
Structural, Functional study of adult and fetal human hemoglobin in the presence and absence of mobile phone radio-frequency electromagnetic field using modified electrode with nanocomposite
47) L.Fotouhi (2015) [Joint supervision with Dr A.A.Saboury]
Study of heme degradation and ROS production upon interaction of hemoglobin with ionic surfactant
48) M.Mazaheri (2015) [Joint supervision with Dr A.A.Saboury]
The study of effect of aflatoxin M1 and Lead ions on protein (BSA, HSA and
β-Lg) fibrillation in vitro
49) A.H.Keyhan (2015)
The biophysical chemistry study on the structure and function of choline oxidase upon the effect of ionic liquids using carbon nanotube/ionic blue nanocomposites liquids/prussian
50) A. Khatibi (2015)
The effects of biocompatible mesoporous silica nanoparticles on the reversibility, structural stability and activity of human carbonic anhydrase II
51) M. Valipour (2016)
The destructive effect of methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) and diethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP)on human blood proteins (insulin and hemoglobin)
52) Gh. Hosseinzadeh (2016) [Joint supervision with Dr A.Maghari]
Theoretical and experimental studies of interaction of ZnS and ZnO nanoparticles with insulin
53) R. Jahanbani (2016) [Joint supervision with Dr S.M. Ghaffari]
Extraction, partial digestion and biological evaluation of Persian walnut peptides
54) E.Najd Grami (2017)
Structural and oxidative stress studies on hemoglobin upon interaction with MTBE and its modulation effects by antioxidants
55) R. Karamzadeh (2017) [Joint supervision with Dr Gh. Hosseini Salekdeh]
Experimental and theoretical studies of 17-β estradiol interaction with human protein disulfide isomerase
56) F. Mofidi-Najar (2017)
Biophysical chemical investigation of curcumin upon interaction with pure and glycated catalase using experimental and computational methods
57) J. Rafiei (2017)[Joint supervision with Dr K.Yavari]
The Study of different concentrations of deuterium depleted water on hemoglobin structure and function: gamarr adiation approach
58) V. Sheikhhasani (2018)[Joint supervision with Dr N. Seyedreihani]
Mechanical study of the effect of statin drugs on membrane deformability of single red blood cells using optical tweezers
59) L. Alaei (2019)
Effect of Sulfonamide Inhibitors on the Structure and Function of Human Carbonic Anhydrase II in Native and Glycated Forms
60) S. Hadi Alijanvand (2020)
The investigation of noscapine antioxidant derivatives on breakdown of Insulin fibrils by laser irradiation
61) M. Qaffary (2021) [Joint supervision with Dr Kh. Khajeh]
Comparison of fibrillation of lipase and its mutant under the effects of osmolytes
62) S. Movaghati (Current)
63) P. Arghavani (Current)
64) E. Hosseini (Current)
- Method & Methodology of Research
- Physical Chemistry of Protein (Ph.D)
- Advance Biophysical Chemistry (Ph.D)
- Biothermodynamics (M.Sc and Ph.D)