- Ordinary member of the British Crystallographic Association (BCA) from 2002-2010.
- Committee member of the Young Crystallographers Group (YCG) representing the Biological Structural Group (2007-2009); I have also chaired a session at the Young Crystallographers satellite meeting, 2009, Loughborough University and represented YCG at numerous BCA Biological Structural Group committee meetings.
- Ordinary member of the Tetrapyrrole Discussion Group (TPDG) from 2007-2010 .
Courses/workshops/training seminars attended:
- 'How to write successful grants' and ‘Opportunities in Interdisciplinary research' workshops, 2009, Educational and Staff Development, QMUL
- Fellowship Days, 2008 and 2009, Educational and Staff Development, QMUL
- BBSRC New generation conference and workshop, 2008, Newcastle ‘Introduction to Leadership and Managing Teams' workshops by Dr Fiona Stephen, September 2008,Educational and Staff Development, QMUL
- Business Plan Competition workshop, 2007, Educational and Staff Development, QMUL
- Intellectual property workshop, December 2007, QMUL
- ‘Protein characterisation seminar', 31st January 2006, Diamond House, Oxfordshire
- CCP4 study weekend, 6th-7th January 2006, ‘Crystallography of complexes', University of Leeds
- CCP4 study weekend, January 2005, ‘Data Collection and Analysis', Reading University
- Bristol Protein Crystallography Summer School, 2004, Bristol